Yay! The news we’ve been waiting for. Providing government advice doesn’t change we should be able to return to ‘rule of six’ group running starting 30th March. Runners must pre-register using RunTogether >> or book by emailing DRCBookme@gmail.com. Check out our Covid Secure page for details.
We are working on arrangements for our normal programmes after Easter (provided Covid doesn’t come up with something new), we haven’t yet finalised all of the plans yet though, so haven’t drawn up our booking forms, but we will post them on fb, and on our website as soon as we can.
We have set up our Easter Specials if that is of interest and they can be booked via the links below:
6th April (1-3pm): Athletics based Easter themed events and games.
8th April (6-7pm): Return to athletics; Run, Throw, Jump activities.
13th April (1-3pm): More athletics based games and team races.
Caroline (DRC Juniors Chair)
Any questions, email us; firstname.lastname@example.org
For many of us, 2021 represents a ‘re-boot’ of our athletic ambitions. To mark this, DRC Tri are proud to announce the launch of a new triathlon in the region.
This is an ideal event for those new to multi-skills competition, as well as more experienced triathletes who want to test themselves against a competitive field.
Athletes will take part in a pool-based 400m swim in the attractive school 20m open-air lido. This will be followed by a 21km bike ride on mostly country lanes through the beautiful rolling countryside around Berkeley (see link to route below). The 5km run to finish is on a fast course on quiet roads starting and finishing in Berkeley (see link to route below). The event will benefit from a professional timing system and all competitors will receive their own commemorative medal.
The event will be carefully planned to take account of any Coronavirus restrictions in place at the time with appropriate social distancing and hygiene controls. If a decision is taken that it is not possible to run the event safely under these conditions, then every effort will be made re-schedule the event. Unfortunately, no refunds can be offered in these circumstances, but all entrants will be offered a free transfer of their place to the re-scheduled event.
Book early to be sure of a place at this friendly and accessible event with great atmosphere and support. Overnight camping for the night before the event may be available. Contact email@example.com for details.
As an approved UK Triathlon event, places can be booked on the UK Triathlon entry system, link below:
This event is now full! Thank you so much to all of our supporters. Good luck out there.
For more information and terms and conditions please refer to the DRC Website:-
All proceeds raised will be split between Dursley Running Club (registered CASC:CH12059) and the 2021 club charity, Hope for Tomorrow in memory of Deb Peake.
Once again we must cancel all of our group organised training sessions during the lockdown period. We hope everyone can continue to exercise and stays safe. We will return as soon as we are able to.
Please note in line with the recent UK Government announcement we will be required to pause all club group organised activities from Thursday 5th November. This includes the Tuesday club runs, face-to-face coached running or triathlon sessions and all juniors sessions. The Government has indicated this will be a 4-week pause and so we will continue to schedule activity in the hope that we will be able to re-start early in December. We will continue to monitor this.
The UK Government guidance states that: “You can exercise or visit outdoor public places with the people you live with, your support bubble, or 1 person from another household”. So you can keep running or cycling with an exercise buddy, but please make sure you continue to practice social distancing where possible and hygiene measures. Feel free to post in our facebook pages, contact your usual run leader or coach, or email DRCbookme@gmail.com if you need help linking up with fellow runners/cyclists.
At the same time the weather has turned pretty miserable – so perhaps time for some stay at home strength and conditioning time. There are a range of online group training sessions such as Zwift cycling and running for those who have the equipment, or the Pulse have published a number of class videos on their facebook and you-tube pages. The DRC coaches will be happy to advise on individual training plans too if that is something you are interested in. Let us know how we can help you to stay active.
November will also see the return of the DRC Club Challenges. We’re working on this just now, but watch this space.
Stay safe, we will be back,
Caroline, Dave, Martin & Damian
Before starting these exercises, perform sit and reach test as follows: https://www.brianmac.co.uk/sitreach.htm
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
The Coronavirus Pandemic is still with us and the case rate is rising throughout the UK again and so we have to recognise that we may experience positive cases within our community. It is therefore important that all club members understand how Dursley Running Club expects to handle these cases. We continue to follow the UK Government legal requirements and guidance as well as our governing body guidance (England Athletics, British Triathlon and Swim England). We gather and hold attendance records for all organised club activity and we will cooperate with the NHS Test & Trace services as required. So what does this mean to club members?
Single positive caseAnyone who has participated in organised club activity and tests positive for Coronavirus must:
- Inform NHS Test & Trace of their contacts and;
- Inform the club.
We will not take further action at this point unless contacted by NHS Test & Trace specifically.
Multiple positive casesIf we receive more than one notification of a positive case then we will contact our local health protection team as this may indicate an outbreak.
Either an individual case, or multiple positive cases, may result in the need for other club members or participants to self-isolate. If contacted by NHS Test & Trace, or if we need to contact the local health protection team, we will cooperate by providing attendance record details and support them in their assessment of infection risk. If you are required to self-isolate because you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive you must not attend club organised activities until you have completed your 14 day isolation period without symptoms. And it goes without saying, but if you personally have Coronavirus symptoms; new/continuous cough, fever and/or change/loss of smell/taste, you must not attend club activities, you must self-isolate and we would recommend you seek a Covid-19 test.
The Dursley Running Club Covid-19 Coordinator is Caroline Jones, all Covid-19 risk assessments are on the club website here.
Stay safe, look after yourself and others,Kind Regards,
Caroline, Dave, Martin and Damian
Dursley Running ClubSeniors, DRC Juniors and DRI-TRI
Well the 2019-2020 academic year didn’t exactly turn out as expected, but we still managed to keep active and get some great athletics and running training done. I’d like to thank every coach, coaching assistant and parent for making this happen. Our junior athletes are a credit to us.
Information for 2020-2021:
- Membership renewals are due. Please complete the membership form and make payment in the usual way. If you have any concerns please do speak to us. I can see some of you have already signed up for the new year so that’s great. Form link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13wMqxGBx7vM0nU5d3fw3t23u8sAPNThtSHYw8P0fW84
- Finances; we saved some money last year not booking the athletics tracks but then spent some money on hand sanitiser and cleaning equipment so broke even on that front. We also bought a new white liner to paint the track with. However, with a number of donations and grants over the years we have finally managed to purchase our high jump mat – yay! It should arrive in a couple of weeks, and if the weather brightens up we should get some use out of it this side of Christmas, if not then I’m sure it’s going to get plenty of use during our 2021 summer programmes.
- Competition wise we’re still listening out for information on that. There is a lot of will to run both cross country and indoor athletics events in some format but we are going to have to wait and see how those pan out. We’ll do our best to keep you updated.
- Autumn term is mostly outdoor training, and the England Athletics rules now allow us to train in our normal groups sizes provided we are in a COVID Secure location. So good news is that we are almost back to normal as far as these programmes go. There will still be measures to maintain social distancing and hygiene so please continue to adhere to these rules where required. Programme details and links to sign up to these are below:
- Saturday Muddy Running for 7-18yr olds – includes cross country training, trail running and a bit of orienteering – 09:30-10:30 normally at the Rugby Club unless otherwise arranged. Please register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jTDELVKAcAeOPTx3oM2ZzUNHWokSuybYop5EZ9xN-4s/edit?usp=sharing
- Thursday Kickstart Athletics for 7-18yr olds – includes track running, throwing and jumping events – 18:00-19:00 at the Rugby Club. Please register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qA1vKKaM6npWbCJesrq1ipv4vML8H22vrbm6RmJOrYM/edit?usp=sharing
- Wednesday Yr7+ Athletics/Road Running for 11-18yr olds – includes track running, throwing and jumping and road running. Please contact David Durden for details.
I look forward to another great year of athletics training and seeing our keen athletes progress and enjoy sport.
Caroline & the DRC Juniors Coaches & Committee
See our new COVID Secure webpage to find out what activities are taking place and what our safety arrangements are for these activities.