Click here to read the race report for the Titan middle distance triathlon.
Click here to read the race report.
Click here to read the race report.
It’s back, first race 14 June please see details and register here: http://www.dursleyrunningclub.org.uk/summer-club-handicap/
Click here to read the race report for the first triathlon event of the season.
Building on the success of our first triathlon in 2021, we are delighted to announce the date of this year’s Berkeley Sprint Triathlon. As a development we are offering a Super Sprint option as well as Relay, alongside the Sprint race.
See the details here.
For many of us, 2021 represents a ‘re-boot’ of our athletic ambitions. To mark this, DRC Tri are proud to announce the launch of a new triathlon in the region.
This is an ideal event for those new to multi-skills competition, as well as more experienced triathletes who want to test themselves against a competitive field.
Athletes will take part in a pool-based 400m swim in the attractive school 20m open-air lido. This will be followed by a 21km bike ride on mostly country lanes through the beautiful rolling countryside around Berkeley (see link to route below). The 5km run to finish is on a fast course on quiet roads starting and finishing in Berkeley (see link to route below). The event will benefit from a professional timing system and all competitors will receive their own commemorative medal.
The event will be carefully planned to take account of any Coronavirus restrictions in place at the time with appropriate social distancing and hygiene controls. If a decision is taken that it is not possible to run the event safely under these conditions, then every effort will be made re-schedule the event. Unfortunately, no refunds can be offered in these circumstances, but all entrants will be offered a free transfer of their place to the re-scheduled event.
Book early to be sure of a place at this friendly and accessible event with great atmosphere and support. Overnight camping for the night before the event may be available. Contact email@example.com for details.
As an approved UK Triathlon event, places can be booked on the UK Triathlon entry system, link below:
Before starting these exercises, perform sit and reach test as follows: https://www.brianmac.co.uk/sitreach.htm
Well the 2019-2020 academic year didn’t exactly turn out as expected, but we still managed to keep active and get some great athletics and running training done. I’d like to thank every coach, coaching assistant and parent for making this happen. Our junior athletes are a credit to us.
Information for 2020-2021:
- Membership renewals are due. Please complete the membership form and make payment in the usual way. If you have any concerns please do speak to us. I can see some of you have already signed up for the new year so that’s great. Form link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13wMqxGBx7vM0nU5d3fw3t23u8sAPNThtSHYw8P0fW84
- Finances; we saved some money last year not booking the athletics tracks but then spent some money on hand sanitiser and cleaning equipment so broke even on that front. We also bought a new white liner to paint the track with. However, with a number of donations and grants over the years we have finally managed to purchase our high jump mat – yay! It should arrive in a couple of weeks, and if the weather brightens up we should get some use out of it this side of Christmas, if not then I’m sure it’s going to get plenty of use during our 2021 summer programmes.
- Competition wise we’re still listening out for information on that. There is a lot of will to run both cross country and indoor athletics events in some format but we are going to have to wait and see how those pan out. We’ll do our best to keep you updated.
- Autumn term is mostly outdoor training, and the England Athletics rules now allow us to train in our normal groups sizes provided we are in a COVID Secure location. So good news is that we are almost back to normal as far as these programmes go. There will still be measures to maintain social distancing and hygiene so please continue to adhere to these rules where required. Programme details and links to sign up to these are below:
- Saturday Muddy Running for 7-18yr olds – includes cross country training, trail running and a bit of orienteering – 09:30-10:30 normally at the Rugby Club unless otherwise arranged. Please register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jTDELVKAcAeOPTx3oM2ZzUNHWokSuybYop5EZ9xN-4s/edit?usp=sharing
- Thursday Kickstart Athletics for 7-18yr olds – includes track running, throwing and jumping events – 18:00-19:00 at the Rugby Club. Please register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qA1vKKaM6npWbCJesrq1ipv4vML8H22vrbm6RmJOrYM/edit?usp=sharing
- Wednesday Yr7+ Athletics/Road Running for 11-18yr olds – includes track running, throwing and jumping and road running. Please contact David Durden for details.
I look forward to another great year of athletics training and seeing our keen athletes progress and enjoy sport.
Caroline & the DRC Juniors Coaches & Committee
See our new COVID Secure webpage to find out what activities are taking place and what our safety arrangements are for these activities.