Those who have registered will have been sent an email, but just in case it doesn’t arrive, and for those who are curious about how the event will run, some details before the day:
- The race will begin in the pool at the Pulse Dursley, athletes will need to be in appropriate swimwear ready for the safety brief and instructions at 3.45pm, we recommend arriving by 3.30pm. (Parents/guardians please supervise changing as required). Please ensure you let reception know you have arrived.
- We will number each athlete by writing a number on the athlete’s arm with a marker pen (please advise us if this is a problem – it is our easiest way of identifying athletes).
- After the swim, athletes will ‘transition’ e.g. take off goggles and swim hat and then put T-shirt, socks and trainers on, and then line up (when in the line we will stop the stopwatch). We will then walk athletes through to the spin room where athletes will then start the race again. After the cycle athletes will run to the recreational ground and complete their run distances. The finish line is on the recreational ground. Athletes will have two times that will then be added together to provide a final result.
- There are three age groups for this competition and athletes will swim, cycle and run distances dependent upon age;
- Age 8-10 will swim 50m, cycle 2k and run 800m
- Age 11-13 will swim 100m, cycle 3k and run 1200m
- Age 14+ will swim 200m, cycle 4k and run 1600m
- Parents/guardians you will be able to watch from the reception observation area and out on the recreational ground, but sorry there will not be space pool side or in the spin room. We will still go ahead in rainy weather provided it is not a complete thunderstorm, so be prepared to stand in the rain on the recreational ground to cheer our athletes through the finish line.