Update from Tony Freer, Race Director
Many apologies for the silence on the arrangements for the 2020 Dursley Dozen. Initially we had been awaiting to hear back from landowners regarding access on to their land and also from DBmax our timing provider as to which dates they could do.
We have now confirmed the 1st of November 2020.
The good news is as a runner entered in the February 2020 race you don’t have to do anything as we have transferred your entry to the new date, which hopefully you can attend.
If for any reason you cannot run it on the revised date then normal transfer arrangements apply (see note below for instructions for this). We are confident that given the popularity of the race anyone seeking to transfer their place will be able to achieve this, with the Dozen Facebook page being a good platform to initiate this.
There is just the small matter of Covid-19 to deal with as well. This has been another reason why we have been tardy in communicating.
Whilst we are planning to run in November the worst case scenario could be that we cannot run the 2020 Dozen because of Government guidance. We are planning to run the Dozen as “normal” in 2021 and if we have to cancel our November event as the situation becomes clearer then we will consider adopting the same approach, i.e. that entrants in the 2020 event can transfer their places to the 2021 event.
We will be keeping weather eye on Guidance and be in touch if anything should change, but again please accept the club’s apologies for the lack of communication but we are living in “interesting times”
Notes – How to transfer your entry:
1. Log into your account at http://my.race-nation.co.uk/ using the email address you registered for the event with.
2. If you’ve never logged in before you will need to first claim your account by entering the email address you registered with here https://my.race-nation.co.uk/account/claim and follow the instructions.
3. When you have successfully logged in, you will need to locate the entry you wish to transfer and click on the Transfer button.
4. Select Transfer to another entrant
5. You will then be asked to enter the email address of the person you wish to transfer to and select Start transfer. This will automatically send an email invite to the new entrant
6. Once the person you’re transferring to receives the email, they must click the Start Your Transfer and complete their details.
7. When they have completed their registration they will automatically be processed into the event and the original entry will be cancelled.
8. Please note No refunds are processed. Payment will need to be arranged between yourself and the new entrant taking over the entry.