Dursley Dozen for 9th Feb Cancelled

It is is deep regret that we are having to cancel tomorrow’s running of the Dursley Dozen.  

Athlete, marshal, spectator safety is of upmost importance for us and with the Met office weather forecast and warnings being upgraded this morning from a yellow to an amber status we cannot take any risks we are unable to mitigate against.  If you didn’t know, probably 90% of the route is directly within the woods so the chance of flying debris, or worse, branches or whole trees falling is now quite high, more so given the super-saturated nature of the ground.

We will see if it is possible to run the event later in the year (late autumn) after all the main races you guys are likely to have booked, are completed and we will communicate this and the details in due course over the next few weeks.

If you have any major concerns now and ahead of our further communications then please email; Dursleyrunningclub@gmail.com