The 30th edition of the Dursley Dozen will be held on Sunday 10th February 2019.
- The race start time is 10:30am.
- Registration from 9am
- Race HQ is at Rednock School Sports hall – postcode GL11 4BY – parking marshals will guide you but please car share where you can
- Collect race numbers and chips from HQ
- It’s 10 minutes walk to the start which will be sign posted
- You can leave bags in sports hall (no provision for bag drop at start, so maybe wear a bin-liner you can discard at start)
- There are drink stations at miles 3,6,9 approx and at finish
- There is a cut off at 12:30 at the ‘hole in the wall’ which is approx. 8 miles (bibs will be removed and if you do carry on, you will not be part of the race so doing at own risk)
- T shirts will be handed out at finish
- Tea coffee and other refreshments, both savoury and sweet will be available at HQ
- Showers will be available at HQ
- Prize giving will be at HQ at approx. 1:15pm
The start of the race is very close to the centre of Dursley. The postcode of race HQ is GL11 4BX. The best approach from the south -leave M5 at J14. travel north on the A38 for 5 miles then turn right by the Prince of Wales and follow signs to Dursley.
From north, leave M5 at junction 13 travel south on A38 for 3 miles turn left at Slimbridge roundabout and follow signs to Dursley. From East A4135 from Tetbury to Dursley Town centre.
There is parking at Rednock school and at the main Dursley car park.
Race HQ is at the Sports centre next to Rednock school GL11 4BX
More detailed Race Information
The Dursley Dozen is a 12 mile multi terrain course established as one of the toughest off-road races in the area. It is run under the ARC rules.
A challenging race of twelve miles over hillsides, roads, woodland, open country, mud, more mud, and solid rock. The course sets off steeply up a road for 200 metres and the ascends a woodland track to the top of Stinchcombe Hill.
After a short run around the golf course, the route re-enters the woods (steep descent) before climbing steeply back to the golf course. A short run on the road then onto a muddy track through the woods. Across the road, then an undulating path leads to a steep descent to the New Inn followed by a steep ascent back to the hilltop. Through the quarry then three miles of track (sometimes very muddy) through the beech woods.
For the final climb, “THE PRECIPICE” ropes are provided. Two miles of grassland track around the golf course and back through the woods towards the finish. The final stretch a run down the pedestrianised Parsonage Street of Dursley town and finishing in front of the ‘stilted’ Market Hall building.
T-shirts to all finishers. Awards: 1st to 3rd Men, 1st to 3rd Ladies and Veteran prizes in five-year categories. Facilities: Showers, changing facilities, toilets and refreshments.