Dursley Dozen 2022 – Entries Open
It’s been a long time coming but the Dursley Dozen is back for 2022! Just as hilly, just as muddy and just as challenging as it ever was. Would you really want to be doing anything else?
The 32nd edition of the Dursley Dozen will beheld on Sunday 13th February 2022.
Important: The route of the Dursley Dozen traverses both public and private property belonging to a variety of land owners and uses some permissive and some private paths. Permission to use the race route is granted by certain landowners only on the day of the event and should not be reccied in advance of race day.
- The race start time is 10:30am.
- Registration from 9am
- Race HQ is at Rednock School Sports hall – postcode GL11 4BY – parking marshals will guide you but please car share where you can
- Collect race numbers and chips from HQ
- It’s 10 minutes walk to the start which will be sign posted
- You can leave bags in sports hall (no provision for bag drop at start, so maybe wear a bin-liner you can discard at start)
- There are drink stations at miles 3,6,9 approx and at finish
- There is a cut off at 12:30 at the ‘hole in the wall’ which is approx. 8 miles (bibs will be removed and if you do carry on, you will not be part of the race so doing at own risk)
- T shirts will be handed out at finish
- Tea coffee and other refreshments, both savoury and sweet will be available at HQ although subject to the relevant Covid-19 guidelines in place at the time
- Showers will be available at HQ
- Prize giving will be at HQ at approx. 1:15pm
The start of the race is very close to the centre of Dursley. The postcode of race HQ is GL114BX. The best approach from the south -leave M5 at J14. travel north on theA38 for 5 miles then turn right by the Prince of Wales and follow signs to Dursley.
From north, leaveM5 at junction 13 travel south on A38 for 3 miles turn left at Slimbridge roundabout and follow signs to Dursley. From East A4135 from Tetbury to DursleyTown centre.